The U.S. Army Communications Electronics Command (CECOM) Responsive Strategic Sourcing for Services (RS3) is a multiple award, performance-based indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract providing customized best value solutions to a diverse group of organizations that span the spectrum of command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR) mission requirements throughout the world. Customers may include various Army Contracting Command – Aberdeen Proving Ground (ACC-APG) customers as well as other program executive offices (PEOs), Department of Defense (DoD) agencies and federal agencies with C4ISR-related requirements within scope of the RS3 performance work statement.
The contract was established to provide best-value solutions customized for a diverse group of organizations and a wide range of C4ISR mission requirements throughout the world. RS3 has a $37.4 billion ceiling with a 10-year ordering period (five-year base ordering period and five-year optional ordering period). RS3 replaces five expiring/expired contracts — Warrior Enabling Broad Sensor (WEBS); Technical Information Engineering Services (TIES); Technical, Administrative, Operations Support Services (TAOSS); Rapid Response-Third Generation (R2-3G); and Strategic Services Sourcing (S3). RS3 primary service areas include, but are not limited to: engineering; research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E); logistics; acquisition and strategic planning; and education and training services.
Key benefits of the contract
- Best-value solutions
- On-ramping and off-ramping capabilities
- No restrictive labor categories
- Flexibility, contract type and evaluation criteria determined by customer requirements
- Extensive ordering period
- Streamlined processes and procedures that meet full compliance with all acquisition regulations and requirements
- Support for worldwide government C4ISR requirements
- Low-administrative contract service rates to customers (program office processes facilitate minimal support cost structure)
- Pre-award through post-award support from RS3 program office
- Quarterly prime contractor meetings to ensure all opportunities and concerns are discussed in an open forum
- Periodic program management reviews
As the previous contract vehicles — such as the Rapid Response Third Generation (R2-3G) contract held by NCI — close and reach their legal spending level limit, RS3 expands the execution timeframe, revalidates capabilities and performance by vetting the community of contract companies, and resets size and socioeconomic designation demarcations.
NCI is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to U.S. defense, intelligence, health and civilian government agencies. The company has the expertise and proven track record to solve its customers’ most important and complex mission challenges through technology and innovation. NCI’s team of highly skilled professionals focuses on delivering cost-effective solutions and services in the areas of agile development and integration; cybersecurity and information assurance; engineering and logistics; big data and data analytics; IT infrastructure optimization and service management; and health and program integrity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, NCI has approximately 2,000 employees operating at more than 100 locations worldwide.
NCI RS3 Contract #: W15P7T-17-D-D0150
NCI DUNS #: 62-086-4504
Business Size: Large
NCI is registered in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) System, and our company information can be obtained by searching under our CAGE Code (0MX49).
The International Organization for Standardization, based in Geneva, Switzerland, leads the development of the internationally recognized ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System standard. NCI has been assessed and has met the ISO 9001 certification requirements for our business operations since May 2002. We have worked diligently to reflect these standards in our Quality Manual and Quality Procedures. By implementing these international quality standards within NCI’s daily business conduct, our customers have the benefit of lowered risk, successful completion, and consistent quality in the products and services NCI proudly delivers each and every day.
NCI Quality Policy
NCI is committed to total customer satisfaction and will provide the necessary resources to deliver quality products and services by implementing and continually improving our quality management system.
NCI Quality Objectives
- Achieve total customer satisfaction
- Provide the personnel needed to do the work
- Provide acceptable products and services on time and within budget
- Record our achievement in continual improvement
NCI Quality Management System (QMS)
NCI’s QMS is made up of the following components:
- Quality Policy
- Quality Objectives
- Quality Manual
- Quality Procedures
NCI Contract Number: W15P7T-17-D-D0150
Period of Performance: May 15, 2017 – May 14, 2022 with a five-year base ordering period, plus 5-year option periods. Task order performance may continue up to five years beyond the expiration of the ordering period.
Maximum Total Contract (Ceiling) Value: $37.4 billion
Authorized Users: Customers may include various Army Contracting Command – Aberdeen Proving Ground (ACC-APG) customers, as well as other program executive offices (PEOs), Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, and federal agencies with C4ISR-related requirements within scope of the RS3 performance work statement (PWS).
Registration: Customer registration is required to initiate all task orders through the RS3 SharePoint site. Separate registration required for each task order requirement.
Scope: Requirements MUST be in support of a C4ISR-related mission in order to be within scope of the RS3 base contract PWS. The RS3 scope of work will provide knowledge based professional engineering support services for programs with command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR) related requirements to include but not limited to:
- Research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E)
- Acquisition and strategic planning
- Education and training services
The NCI RS3 team is made up of more than 50 best-in-class companies, with award-winning expertise encompassing all areas critical to RS3 mission objectives. With an exceptional workforce of professional personnel deployed to numerous overseas and domestic locations, the RS3 team provides support to Army, Navy, Air Force, Reserves, National Guard, DoD, and other federal and state agencies.
NCI has developed a partnership with this diverse team of large and small businesses, each selected for their unique capabilities to support the broad scope of RS3 requirements and meet NCI’s commitment to small business. Small business participation is proposed, evaluated and incorporated as a contractual requirement at the task order level.
Federal buyers who wish to use the RS3 contracts must submit a registration request to ACC-APG RS3 customer support. Ordering procedures are described by ACC-APG on their RS3 SharePoint site and RS3 Customer home page, as well as explained below.
Federal buyers also may contact NCIRS3@nciinc.com with any contract or ordering questions.
Customer registration is required to initiate all task orders.
Customers can register through the RS3 SharePoint site and once registered, customers can then submit their requirements to the RS3 Customer home page.
Separate registration is required for each task order requirement.
Registration provides a RS3 tracking number, RS3-FY-XXXX, example: RS3-17-0005
Customer will need to identify internal (RS3 KO) or external (KO with DPA) requirements on their registration form. Customers may choose to work with the RS3 Program Office to develop their requirements package, or they may work primarily with a KO with a DPA.
Package Development Service Rate ($20K) pays for any initial support services associated with package development (deducted from reimbursement of administrative costs paid at task order award).
A reimbursement of administrative costs will also be determined by the RS3 program manager based on the extent of services provided, ranging from .10% to 1% of the awarded value of the task order.
Requirements MUST be in support of a C4ISR-related mission in order to be within scope of the RS3 base contract PWS.
For customers with a Common Access Card (CAC):
If you have previously logged into the ACC-APG SharePoint Home Page, skip step 1.
- To initiate a requirement, register at the ACC-APG home page.
- Once registered at the ACC-APG home page, click on the following link to submit your customer requirement: RS3 Customer home page.
- Once a requirement is submitted, customers will be assigned a tracking number for each task order.
- The RS3 team will work with each customer to develop pre-award documentation. A pre-acquisition package checklist and templates are available on the RS3 Customer page to utilize for your effort and package development.
For customers without a CAC, please submit a registration request through email to:
An ACC-APG RS3 team member will contact you within two business days.
The following links provide additional information regarding reimbursement of administration costs, ordering guide/procedures, contract documents, templates, checklists and resources for drafting PWS, IGCE, market research, etc.
Public Website and RS3 App
For Customers and Contracting Officers
Program Office SharePoint site (CAC-enabled)
RS3 Customer home page
RS3 Program Manager: Tom Stocks, email@example.com; (443) 861-5059
RS3 Contracting Officers
- Katie Thompson, contract officer/RS3 team lead (Army Contracting Command-APG)
firstname.lastname@example.org; (443) 861-4924
- Ed Horn, contract officer, U.S. Army Contracting Command – Aberdeen Proving Ground Division B
email@example.com; (443) 861-4922
RS3 Contract Specialists
- Keiana Clarke, firstname.lastname@example.org; (443) 861-4930
- Dena Drye, email@example.com; (443) 861-4931
- Shawntil Eure, firstname.lastname@example.org; (443) 861-4926
- Bridgette Graham, email@example.com; (443) 861-4935
- Sharon Joyner, firstname.lastname@example.org; (443) 861-4932
- Kris Tress, email@example.com; (443) 861-4936
- Adriana Underdue, firstname.lastname@example.org; (443) 861-4923
- Amelia Zyski, email@example.com; (443) 861-4925